As a birth doula, I strive to help mothers and families have the most satisfying birth experience, as they describe it. I will tailor my skills to fit your wants and needs during pregnancy and labor. Whether you choose to use an epidural, opt for an unmedicated childbirth, or anything in-between, I will support your decisions wholeheartedly. I am available in hospitals, birth centers, and at home births. My services include:
- Initial consult, free of charge, to see if we are a good match
- One three-hour or two one and a half hour prenatal visits where I will assist you in developing or finessing a birth plan, talk to you about your health history and any concerns or questions you have, practice a variety of pain management techniques, and establish an understanding of how you, any other birth companions, and I will work together during labor
- Unlimited e-mail support
- Unlimited phone support beginning at week 38, and for two weeks postpartum
- I will be present for the duration of your labor, and stay for approximately two hours postpartum
- One home visit approximately two weeks postpartum. These visits help provide closure on your birth experience and they are an opportunity to ask any postpartum questions you may have. They also allow me to provide referrals for additional support, if necessary.
There are a wide array of techniques I can offer during your labor and delivery; we will discuss what works best for you. Some of my skills are:
- Breathing, meditation, and visualization techniques
- Movement and position changes
- Counter pressure, use of heat and cold, and other pain relieving techniques
- Informational support (resources, assistance determining what questions to ask providers, etc.)
- Rebozo use
- Emotional reassurance
Additionally, I have specialized interest, training, and previous experience with twins, LGBTQ families, single parents, survivors of previous life trauma, birthers over 40, and high-risk pregnancies and deliveries.
I am new to Pennsylvania area and eager to support families in the Philadelphia region.
I have attended births all across the greater Boston area, including but not limited to Mount Auburn, Beth Israel, Mass General Hospital, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Norwood Hospital, Cambridge Hospital and the Cambridge Birth Center, Newton Wellesley Hospital, and Brigham and Women's hospital.
Pricing: Birth doula services begin at $1100. In some cases, I offer a sliding scale. I believe all families deserve to have a birth doula present, regardless of financial circumstances. Please be in touch to see what we can come up with together.